One with the Messiah
14 I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
- When Jesus told God the Father that He had given mankind the Fatherís word He gave insight to Godís heart to insure that we knew exactly what the heart and mind of God was.
- Godís word/will was demonstrated by Jesus.
- Godís word/will was not hidden from mankindís understanding.
- Godís word/will could be manifested and worked out; as we have seen through Messiah, Jesusí lifestyle and operation. We should mimic that same word.
- If is important to keep in mind that the world always hates those who walk in Godís word.
- If we refuse or are lazy in walking out Godís word we are like the world and it will love us, but this is not what we want to be loved by the world.
- Jesus told the Father that we are not of this world like He is not of this world.
- We must get it in our hearts and minds that we are not of this world.
- We must get it in our hearts and minds that we can live like Jesus lived in this earth.
15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.
- God is more interested in how we live our lives than He is in keeping us safe from the happenings and troubles of life, but He will always protect us from the evil one.
- Keep us from the evil one does not mean we must not conduct our lives as holy, righteous, and separated people of God.
16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
- Again, always remember, we are not of this world.
- When we forget that we are not of this world we try to make our home here permanently; and when we do that we live to gain earthly things instead of heavenly things.
- People who know that they are not of this world try to do everything they can to cast of the trappings of the flesh and to gain the garments of heaven.
17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
- Sanctification is Godís work as we surrender to His will and heart.
- It is Godís word that cleanses us and it is the agent of power to do so.
- If we do not take in, meditate on, and then live out Godís word we will never be cleansed.
18 As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
- We are sent into the world.
? We are not to just live our lives in our homes, work place, our social environment we are to use those places to represent God through His Son and His Holy Spirit.
? When Jesus said that He was sent by the Father into the world and that He has sent us into the world He was telling us that it is not an option, we must go in obedience to His will.
19 And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth. NKJV
? Again we see that sanctification comes through Godís truthes.
? Jesusí sanctification should be our example for perfection and goodness.